Ynt: Ynt: Postgresql 16.3 installation error (setup file) on Windows 11 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ugur Yilmaz
Subject Ynt: Ynt: Postgresql 16.3 installation error (setup file) on Windows 11
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello Anders;

Thank you very much for the links. In November 2023, after the cumulative update released by Microsoft, my Postgresql service became inoperable due to the "Turkish" language settings. In order to avoid "language - local" problems in the future, I configure my Postgresql installations as follows:

CREATE DATABASE postgres
    WITH
    OWNER = postgres
    ENCODING = 'UTF8'
    LC_COLLATE = 'C'
    LC_CTYPE = 'C'
    LOCALE_PROVIDER = 'libc'
    TABLESPACE = pg_default
    CONNECTION LIMIT = -1
    IS_TEMPLATE = False;

COMMENT ON DATABASE postgres
    IS 'default administrative connection database';

In summary, the links you mentioned will be useful in case of a general "Turkish" language option. However, unfortunately this is not the solution in my case.

I currently have Postgresql 16.2 installed on my system and I am working without any problems. The current problem does not affect my working environment (I just haven't received the new minor update.) However, it may create an idea like giving up "Postgresql" for users who will install new installations on their system.