RE: citext, actually probably using extensions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Brannen
Subject RE: citext, actually probably using extensions
Date
List pgsql-general

> From: Morris de Oryx <morrisdeoryx@gmail.com>

> Not sure about best practices, but what I'm going is like this:

> * Create a schema named extensions.

> * Install extensions in this special schema only. I don't put anything else in there.

> * Put the extensions schema early (left) in the search_path for each role.

> * Grant execute access permissively on the functions in that schema.

> If there's something deeply flawed about this strategy, I'd be keen to hear about it. On the positive side, I find it simple to understand, maintain, and explain to other people. YMMV

We do approximately the same thing if it makes you feel better, although we call our schema "common".

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.