Reg: Alternate way of hashing database role passwords - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From M, Anbazhagan
Subject Reg: Alternate way of hashing database role passwords
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hi Team,

Currently we are using SHA-256 default for password_encryption in our postgresql deployments. Is there any active work being done for adding additional hashing options like PBKDF2, HKDF, SCRYPT or Argon2 password hashing functions, either of which is only accepted as a algorithms that should be used for encrypting or hashing the password at storage as per the Organization's Cryptography Standard.

If it is not in current plan, is there a plan to include that in subsequent versions?

Thanks and Regards,

Anbazhagan M