Re: [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Neyman
Subject Re: [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA
Date
List pgsql-general
-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:31 AM
To: Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com>; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA

On 05/23/2017 07:05 AM, Igor Neyman wrote:

>> pg_hba.conf modified to allow "replication" user to connect to the server.
>> In the original email I mentioned that I configured Postgres_fdw foreign server that connects using the same
connectionoptions as I'm using in CREATE SUBSCRIPTION, and foreign server works fine, which to me proves that there is
noissues with pg_hba.conf.

> What are the contents of the pg_hba.conf file?
>
> What are the CREATE PUBLICATION and CREATE SUBSCRIPTION commands you are using?
>

>> Regards,
>> Igor
>>

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
> _____________________________________
>
> These two systems are my "sandboxes".

Define sandbox:

Are they on VMs on a single machine or something else?

> So, here is pg_hba on the publishing server:
>
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
> host    all             repl_user             0.0.0.0/0            md5
> # IPv6 local connections > host    all             all             ::1/128                 md5

I do not see an IPv6 all hosts entry for repl_user, Something like:

host    all   repl_user  ::/0  md5

Not a single machine.
Publisher is on a physical machine.
Subscriber is on VM.

Nothing changed after I added IPV6 entry:

host    all   repl_user  ::/0  md5

on publishing machine.

Regards,
Igor