Re: length of array - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chris Faulkner
Subject Re: length of array
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello

Thanks for that solution, Joe - nice use of nested functions !

Related to this problem, I want to constrain a selection using elements of
this variable length array. I want to constrain where all elements of the
array are 0.

I would like to do it like this in Oracle

select field from table N where [conditions]
and NVL(N.level[1],0) = 0
and NVL(N.level[2],0) = 0
and NVL(N.level[3],0) = 0
and NVL(N.level[4],0) = 0

So if a row only has two elements in the array, but the first two both had
values "0", then the row would return.  At the moment, I have this :

and N.level[1] = 0
and N.level[2] = 0
and N.level[3] = 0
and N.level[4] = 0

but my row with 2 elements in the array won't be returned with this
condition.

Chris