restart server on Lion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Frankel
Subject restart server on Lion
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

What's the best/correct way to cause the PostgreSQL server to startup automatically when rebooting on OSX 10.7 Lion?

I'm using a macports install of postgres 8.4 and went through a couple grueling days, sudo'd up to my eyeballs, to
restorethe postgres user and have a working installation.

To start the service, I'm currently invoking this on the cmd-line:

    sudo su postgres -c "/opt/local/lib/postgresql84/bin/pg_ctl -D /opt/local/var/postgresql84/defaultdb -l
/opt/local/var/postgresql84/defaultdb/data/logfile.txtstart"

That's pretty cumbersome for each reboot.  I've also seen references to manually invoking this on the cmd-line:

    sudo serveradmin start postgres

But that yields "postgres:error = "CANNOT_LOAD_BUNDLE_ERR"

Is there an /etc or OSX-specific solution people are using for restarts?  My PG 8.3 server restarted automagically on
OSX10.5.  While I don't recall setting up anything specifically to make that happen, memory fades...

Thanks in advance!
Scott