Re: Paging through table one row at a ttime - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: Paging through table one row at a ttime
Date
List pgsql-general

> On Jul 22, 2022, at 6:31 AM, H <agents@meddatainc.com> wrote:
>
> On 07/20/2022 03:09 PM, H wrote:
>> I am running postgres 13 under CentOS 7. I have a need to be able to page through a table one row at a time,
possiblyusing pspg (or other tool) allowing me to move in either direction in the table one single row at a time.
Ideallyonly the columns in the selected row should be visible, even better if there would be one column of that row per
rowin the terminal window but that would probably be wishing for too much.

>> Is there any configuration of pspg that would allow me to do the above?
>>

> I have not seen any replies to my question above - is this perhaps not possible to do?

I didn’t follow the “even better”. Aside from that most of us are simple sql users and data managers - we don’t go back
andforth row by row all that often. Have you found the LIMIT and OFFSET features of SELECT statement?  After that your
inapplication space and not this forum perhaps