Re: out of memory error

From: Alban Hertroys
Subject: Re: out of memory error
Date: ,
List: pgsql-general

Tree view

out of memory error  (Geoffrey Myers, )
 Re: out of memory error  (Sim Zacks, )
 Re: out of memory error  (Craig Ringer, )
  Re: out of memory error  (Geoffrey Myers, )
   Re: out of memory error  (Geoffrey Myers, )
  Re: out of memory error  (Geoffrey Myers, )
 Re: out of memory error  (Alban Hertroys, )
  Re: out of memory error  (Geoffrey Myers, )
 Re: out of memory error  (Geoffrey Myers, )
  Re: out of memory error  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: out of memory error  (Geoffrey Myers, )
    Re: out of memory error  (Craig Ringer, )
    Re: out of memory error  (Toby Corkindale, )

On 3 Jul 2011, at 12:00, Geoffrey Myers wrote:

> We have a process that we successfully ran on virtually identical databases.  The process completed fine on a machine
with8 gig of memory.  The process fails when run on another machine that has 16 gig of memory with the following error:

> out of memory for query result

You didn't mention what client you're using, but could it possibly be the client that's running out of memory? The fact
thatit's happening in the query result seems to point to the client.

Another thing you might want to check: Does the second server have at least as much shared memory configured in the
kernelas the first has?

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4e109dd612097665720452!