Re: Strange JDBC problem - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Trygve Hardersen
Subject Re: Strange JDBC problem
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> It turned out that the application had multiple frames, and IE
requested
> the different frames with a slightly different timing than Firefox or
> Opera, and that slight timing difference exposed a race condition in a
> library we were using (Struts).

We are in fact using multiple frames, and a "Hibernate Session &
Transaction per request" pattern. The result is that every "page"
generates multiple sessions and transactions. I tried to load only the
frame where the error usually occurs, and was unable to reproduce it, so
I think you hit the problem right on. Thanks a lot indeed! I'll try to
figure out a way around this.

Trygve