Re: function error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Travis Hoyt
Subject Re: function error
Date
List pgsql-sql
Doh!  Sorry my code DOES have the FOR in it as does the example in the
book.  Neither works though.

My apologies this was my second attempt w/o the FOR.

Here's what I really have:

CREATE FUNCTION biwklyavg(text, text, text) RETURNS numeric AS '        DECLARE                system          ALIAS
FOR$1;                startdate       ALIAS FOR $2;                enddate         ALIAS FOR $3;                result
       numeric;

        BEGIN                result := (select (avg(usr) + avg(sys)) from sardata
where                systemid = system and time between startdate and enddate;        END;
' LANGUAGE 'sql';