Re: Oracle Package equivalent in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From JC JC
Subject Re: Oracle Package equivalent in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-admin
Good info Michael,

I used ora2pg tool to migrate Oracle DB objects (particularly tables, constraints, sequences) into Postgres.
The TYPE attribute of ora2pg will tell if the DDL need to migrate or the Data or any other export type.
Though I have not explored any other tools, I found ora2pg is very efficient and this can be automated either using windows batch script or unix shell script.

Regards
jc

From: MichaelDBA <MichaelDBA@sqlexec.com>
Sent: 06 August 2020 14:34
To: Firthouse banu <penguinsfairy@gmail.com>
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Oracle Package equivalent in Postgres

Hi,

ora2pg is a standard way to migrate stuff from ORA to PG.  It also will
attempt to translate packages/procs/funcs from PL/SQL to PL/pgSQL.  For
packages, the output can be separate files with
package_name_func/proc_name, or you can group packages into separate
output directories where you can subsequently load them into separate PG
schemas to distinguish one ORA package from another.

Regards,
Michael Vitale