Re: Database Comparison tool? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roger Hand
Subject Re: Database Comparison tool?
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a script I've been using that does a db comparison, and it works very well.

In order to ensure things are in the right order, I have to ...

- query for table and view names (FROM pg_tables WHERE schemaname = 'public' ...), with an ORDER BY clause, natch.
- create a batch command file with one line for each table and view. This command is a pg_dump of the schema, which is
appendedto an output file

I also output function definitions, as well as the actual data (not just the schema) of some tables that basically have
staticor lookup data.

There's a little more to it to suit my particular needs, but the general approach works well. Oh, one other thing I
sometimesneed to do is to delete lines with db owner if the two db's have different owners.

-Roger