Re: forcing table ownership - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darin Perusich
Subject Re: forcing table ownership
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Richard,

> > I'm trying to accomplish is to have multiple users/roles connect to
> > database and have ALL privileges to do whatever they want. The
> problem
> > I'm running into is that is user1 creates table1 nobody else has
> > permissions to it since they are not the table owner. How can I
> > accomplish this?
>
> It looks like you have two choices from what I can find in the manual
> after 5 minutes of reading.
> 1) alter the tables/schema/... to be owned by a role that all of these
> users belong to:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/sql-altertable.html

Altering the table owner by setting it to the group role effectively
denies permission to all users of the group. Unless they explicitly "SET
role grp1" that is.

> 2) grant the table/schema to the role:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/privileges.html

"GRANT ALL ON table TO grp1;" has the effect as mentioned above.

I'm finding it hard to believe this is so difficult...

--
Darin Perusich
Email: Darin.Perusich@ctg.com

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please contact the sender and delete this material from this computer.