Re: Connecting R to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Steven O'Toole
Subject Re: Connecting R to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Saturday, September 14, 2002, at 07:29 AM, Adam Witney wrote:

>   dlcompat: dyld: /sw/lib/R/bin/R.bin Undefined symbols:
> _ERR_get_error
> _ERR_reason_error_string
> _SSL_CTX_new

I don't know if this is helpful to you since I am a novice and don't
know R.  But I am connecting to libpq on OSX and ran into similar
errors.  I solved them (assuming you're using ProjectBuilder in 10.2)
in the Target/Linker Settings area.  Under the field titled Other Mach
-O Linker Flags I entered:
-lcrypto -lssl

I still get a warning about a duplicate definition of _crypto that I
haven't figured out.  But the interface to PostgreSQL works great.