Re: odbc_fdw - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: odbc_fdw
Date
List pgsql-general
fschwend at hsr.ch wrote:
> I built the current PostgreSQL 9.1.1 sources under Ubuntu 11.04 (in a
VMware under Win7).
> I followed the steps in this guide:

www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/04/linux-postgresql-install-and-configure-from
-source

> It seems to work (I can run the server and connect to it with
PgAdmin).

> Now I'd like to integrate the ODBC_FDW extension in my installation.
However, I don't really
> understand the steps described on the download page:
> pgxn.org/dist/odbc_fdw/0.1.0
>
> Can anybody tell me how to build it? I'm a software developer myself
but a Linux newbie...

I haven't tried it, but looking at the instructions I would say:

1) Install UnixODBC. If you use Packages, make sure you install the
headers too
   (on my RHEL system, the packages are called unixODBC and
unixODBC-devel).

2) Get odbc_fdw and unzip the source.

3) Change into the source directory.

4) Run "make" and "make install" as the web page describes it
(substituting
   the path to your configured PostgreSQL source tree).

If there still is something unclear, ask for details.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe