Re: Problem dbi_link with postgresql 9.04 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: Problem dbi_link with postgresql 9.04
Date
List pgsql-general
Emanuel Araújo wrote:
> found that the problem occurs when the dbi_link makes parsing of a field float / double to a text
> field, because when it creates the tables already created with this type of data.

I do not understand that.

> Another thing we see is that the problem is not with null fields or zero bytes but with a value of
> 1.5, no problem in NULLs or Zero Bytes.
>
> Based on that there is any solution?

What I would do is check how the data look in Perl.
Build a simple Perl script that selects the problem data and display them byte for byte.

That should help understand the problem.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe