Re: DBD::Pg 2.15.1 compilation failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: DBD::Pg 2.15.1 compilation failed
Date
List pgsql-general
Alexandra Roy wrote:

> I am still trying to build DBD::Pg but I have another question.
>
> Is it possible to do a 64-build of DBD::Pg ?
> I ask this because PostgreSQL 8.3.8 has been compiled in 64 bits mode
> and if DBD::Pg expects to find 32 bits library, this can explain my
> problem...

I would first check if your perl is 32- or 64-bit. If perl is 32-bit,
that would explain why DBD::Pg cannot find the functions in a
64-bit libpq.

A solution for this case would be to build a 32-bit libpq.so and
add it to libpq.a (you'd have to choose different names for the
so files). They you could link this libpq.a with both 64-bit and
32-bit programs.

If your perl is 64-bit, then it must be a different problem...

Yours,
Laurenz Albe