Re: Deny creation of tables for a user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: Deny creation of tables for a user
Date
List pgsql-general
Pascal Cohen wrote:
> I am playing with security in Postgres
> And I would like to have a database that can be managed by a given user
> that could do almost anything but I would also have a user that can just
> handle what is created.
> I mean she could insert, update delete rows but not create tables.
>
> I did not find a way to revoke such thing. Is it possible ?

The concept of the privilege system is that each database object
determines what you can do with it (with an access control list).

The owner of a database object can do everything with it.

So I'd do it like this:

Owning user (owns schema "myschema"):

CREATE TABLE myschema.mytable (...);
GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA myschema TO bibi;
GRANT INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON myschema.mytable TO bibi;

Now user "bibi" can du exactly what you want.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe