Re: Write in file from postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: Write in file from postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Kevin Martins wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> First off all I am new in postgres but allready got some questions. It's
> possible to wirte in a file from postgres?

First off, if you write to a mailing list you should first learn how to
write an e-mail. Really.

Core PostgreSQL does not have such a function; you'd have to write it
yourself in C.

There is, however, a function "pg_catalog.pg_file_write(text, text, bool)"
in the "adminpack" contrib module that you could (ab)use for your purposes.

This function may only be used by a superuser, and it would not be a good
idea to have it otherwise.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe