Importing BLOB to Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Stanier
Subject Importing BLOB to Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general

I am migrating a database from Oracle to Postgresql. I have one Oracle table which contains BLOBs. Given that I can get the BLOBs out of Oracle to the filesystem, can anyone tell me how I can import them in postgresql?

I am assuming that the BLOBs should be imported into a "bytea" datatype. Is this correct?

Regards,

Alex.

Alexander Stanier

E-GovernmentSolutions (UK) Ltd, 3rd Floor, Domain House, 5 - 7 Singer Street, London EC2A 4BQ.

Direct Dial: +44 (20) 7336 1441

Mobile: 07774 779394

Switchboard: +44 (20) 7336 1440

www.egsgroup.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: This is email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of eGovernment Solutions (UK) Ltd.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.