Re: Disaster! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Disaster!
Date
List pgsql-hackers

This seems a very serious problem, if a database can be broken [into a
non-startable condition] by running out of space.

Is it certain that no data was lost?

If it is totally safe to extend the WAL file with zeros and restart, why
not build it into PostgreSQL to do so automatically?

Can I get a 15 sentence speech on what happened, what the repair did,
and why we know that the result can be trusted?
I think it would reassure more than just myself.