Re: maximum number of client connections? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: maximum number of client connections?
Date
List pgsql-general
From:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/app-postmaster.html

"-N max-connections
Sets the maximum number of client connections that this postmaster will
accept. By default, this value is 32, but it can be set as high as your
system will support. (Note that -B is required to be at least twice -N.
See the Administrator's Guide for a discussion of system resource
requirements for large numbers of client connections.)"

I hope you have lots of memory on that machine.