Re: importing db as text files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: importing db as text files
Date
List pgsql-general

I use the copy command all the time without problems.  If the data
follows the format you describe for copy, there will be no problems.  If
the data is some other format, then you will have to use perl or sed or
something to reformat it.

If your data is in some format that is not easy to massage into
something that copy wants to eat, then use an ODBC driver for text files
and move all the data with insert/select.

Expect no miracles. GI/GO.