Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user
Date
List pgsql-general

How about (for POSIX systems) calling sar and vmstat or inqiring against
limits.h and using sysconf() in a C program or something similar to
that?

It seems that it should not be too difficult to collect all the
information necessary to create a nearly optimal or at least fairly well
fitted set of installation parameters.