Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

One of the major reasons for reporting servers is that people who do not
understand the data (or even SQL very well) will often cause great
problems in ad-hoc query situations.

Those performing the queries typically do not understand the data very
well.  This is especially true in a database with hundreds or thousands
of tables.  Usually, they will have a pretty good understanding of a
small subset of the tables that contain the information that they are
after, but even that is not always true.