Re: About OIDs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: About OIDs
Date
List pgsql-general

I do assume that they are unique within a single table's Oid set.
However, I create a unique index on the Oid column, so even when the
counter does wrap, I get a failure and an error message (yes, it has
happened).

When the failure does occur, I am forced to drop the database and
rebuild it.  I will have a better solution once the 7.x official win32
port becomes available.  God willing and the crick don't rise.