Re: 4 billion + oids - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: 4 billion + oids
Date
List pgsql-general

I am using Postgresql 7.1.3 (our own native port) and I was not aware
that feature was available.
If I can create tables without OID's and with 8 byte serial columns I
will change to that.

The documentation I read said that serial values were 4 bytes long.  How
do I declare and 8 byte serial column?