From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: @(#) Mordred Labs advisory 0x0001: Buffer overflow in
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I read (in some other message) that this buffer overrun problem has been
known for a very, very long time.

To simply decide not to fix it means:
"It's on the todo list"
For generation after generation after generation.

It does not mean that "Someday, we hope to fix this."

What I am saying is that there is nothing that could possibly be more
important than fixing this, except some other known problem that could
also cause billions of dollars worth of damage.  Are there any such
problems besides the buffer overrun problems?