Re: Roadmap for a Win32 port - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Roadmap for a Win32 port
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Architectural notion:
The Postmaster is about 100x bigger than it needs to be.

The Postmaster needs to set up shared memory and launch servers.  It
does not need to know anything about SQL grammar or any of that
rigamarole.

It could be a 15K executable.

Why not have an itty-bitty Postmaster that does nothing but a spawn or a
create process to create threaded Postgres instances?

Just a notion.