Re: [SQL] Efficient DELETE Strategies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: [SQL] Efficient DELETE Strategies
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Agree strongly.

I would be very annoyed at any database system that guesses about what I
might want.  It might guess wrong and cause enormous damage.  It does
not have to be an update or delete for this damage to occur.  It could
be a report that financial decisions were based upon.  If someone does
get the PostgreSQL group to alter incoming statements, surely this
deserves *AT LEAST* a powerful warning message.