Re: Issues tangential to win32 support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Issues tangential to win32 support
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Our package avoids Cygwin altogether.  We wrote our own POSIX layer from
scratch, and we junked fork() for CreateProcess() {and inserted copious:
#ifdef ICKY_WIN32_KLUDGE
/* our code goes here */
#else
/* Standard UNIX code goes here */
#endif

It's complete, and it performs like the burning blue blazes.  We have
run the full PostgreSQL test suite to completion with success.  However,
before we release any SQL tool, we have our own test suite with tens of
thousands of tests to perform.  Hence, we won't have a release until
June at the earliest.

I think the Japanese one also does not use Cygwin (but I have not tried
installing it yet).