Re: Bootstrap DATA is a pita - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Bootstrap DATA is a pita
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On February 21, 2015 7:20:04 PM CET, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

>On 02/21/2015 11:43 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>>       {
>>      oid => 2249,
>>      oiddefine => 'CSTRINGOID',
>>      typname => 'cstring',
>>           typlen => -2,
>>           typbyval => 1,
>>       }
>

>which is pure perl syntax and wouldn't need any extra module, and has
>the advantage over JSON that key names won't need to be quoted, making
>it more readable.

Yea, my original post suggested using actual perl hashes to avoid problems with the availability of libraries. So far
I'venot really heard a convincing alternative. Peter's problem with formatting seems to be most easily solved by
rewritingthe file automatically...

Andres

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.