Re: Problem with capital letter in column name - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Marc-André Goderre
Subject Re: Problem with capital letter in column name
Date
List pgadmin-support

Thanks Patrick but I know that i have to add double-quotes with capital lettre. This issue happens only when I use the contextual menu (right click on table --> view data)

It automatically create the query and open the Query window with the result.

Do i must configure someting or is it a bug in pgAdmin4?

Thanks

Marc

De : pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] De la part de Patrick Headley
Envoyé : 8 août 2016 14:49
À : pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Objet : Re: [pgadmin-support] Problem with capital letter in column name

Put double-quotes around it or else it will get rolled down to lower case and won't match the actual field name.

Patrick Headley
Linx Consulting, Inc.
pheadley@linxco-inc.com
(303) 916-5522
www.linxco-inc.com

On 08/08/2016 12:43 PM, Marc-André Goderre wrote:

I work with  an  existing database containing capital letter in column name.

When i want to view data from conextual meny, it always send an error :

i.e.:

ERROR: column "idmunicipaliteexterne" does not exist

LINE 2: ORDER BY idMunicipaliteExterne

                 ^

ERROR: column "idmunicipaliteexterne" does not exist

SQL state: 42703

Character: 56

It seems that pgadmin don't add the double quote in the ORDER BY clause when the column name has capital letters.

PGadmin 4 beta 3

Postgresql 9.1

Ubuntu server 12.04

Thanks