Re: passwords - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: passwords
Date
List pgadmin-support

pgAdmin doesn't authenticate the passwords, PostgreSQL does (it wouldn't
be a very secure system if any old bit of client software could
authenticate a user :-) ).

Check $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf on the server - it sounds like there is a
'trust' entry in there that is allowing you to connect.

Regards, Dave.