Re: foreign Key problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: foreign Key problem
Date
List pgsql-general

The only inheritance in the DB is another table that inherits sys_users.
Actually, come to think of it most of the records in sys_users would
have come from there. I can't send a full dump as it's data that comes
under the UK Data Protection Act, but the table that inherits sys_users
looks like:

-- Table: hr_staff
CREATE TABLE hr_staff (
  hr_payroll_no varchar(8),
  hr_title varchar(128),
  hr_department varchar(128),
  hr_office varchar(128),
  hr_telephone varchar(16),
  hr_mobile varchar(16),
  hr_image varchar(128),
  hr_hol_basic int4,
  hr_hol_adjust int4,
  hr_hol_unit varchar(1) DEFAULT 'D'
) INHERITS(sys_users) WITH OIDS;

I'll see if I can get a test example to work (==fail) with non-sensitive
data as soon as England have beaten Brazil... :-)

Regards, Dave.