Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rick Gigger
Subject Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and
Date
Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and
List pgsql-hackers
I was thinking the exact same thing.  Except  the "and just fsync()
dirty pages on commit" part.  Wouldn't that actually make the
situation worse?  I thought the whole point of WAL was that it was
more efficient to fsync all of the changes in one sequential write in
one file rather than fsyncing all of the separate dirty pages.