Re: AWS and postgres issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Kerr
Subject Re: AWS and postgres issues
Date
List pgsql-general

On Apr 8, 2013, at 5:52 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:

2013/4/9 Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>:
While debugging this with a coworker we figured out that pg_ctl was attaching to the tty and then it clicked
that we needed to be using '-t' where I was using -T or (neither).

Are you sure? I checked the pg_ctl source code and could not find any
place attaching to the tty.

I think he means the ssh options -t and -T

Yes, I know. In my understanding, he is saying because pg_ctl attaches
to the tty, and ssh should be executed with -t (force ssh to allocate
pseudo-tty).
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Yeah, and i really expected to NOT want to attach to the pseudo-tty.

I was also sort of hoping that it was dropping packets or something like that because
then it might have been a similar problem to the one i reported here: