Re: CPU-intensive autovacuuming - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas F. O'Connell
Subject Re: CPU-intensive autovacuuming
Date
Re: CPU-intensive autovacuuming  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
I was usleeping in tiny increments in each iteration of the loop. I
didn't try break it into iterative groups like this.

Honestly, I'd prefer to see pg_autovacuum improved to do O(n) rather
than O(n^2) table activity. At this point, though, I'm probably not
too likely to have much time to hack pg_autovacuum before 8.1 is
released, although if it doesn't become integrated by beta feature
freeze, I might give it a shot.

But I hope if anyone completes the linear improvement, they'll post
to the lists.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect