error ' Client encoding Mismatch' with Version 8.1.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ashutosh Kumar S-TLS,Chennai
Subject error ' Client encoding Mismatch' with Version 8.1.4
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

=20

I am using  Postgres Version 8.1.4.

I installed it using UTF8 encoding. It was successfully installed. I
confirmed the same using "SHOW server_encoding" command in pgAdmin III
Query.=20

=20

Problem is whenever I am trying to open the database through ODBC
connection it throws an error 'Client encoding mismatch'. ( I am able to
run any command from pgAdmin III Query tester.

Seeking help on the same. I read on few blogs for the same. They say
UTF8 support in Version 8.1 is problematic.=20

=20

Thanks and Regards,

Ashutosh=20=20

DISCLAIMER:

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and inte=
nded for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliate=
s. Any views or opinions presented in=20
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect t=
he opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,=
 distribution and / or publication of=20
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail=
 is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immedia=
tely. Before opening any mail and=20