Re: ALTER statement hanging - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Selim Tuvi
Subject Re: ALTER statement hanging
Date
List pgsql-general
And I tried running the same statement on another node, while one node was running it and I got the following:

ERROR:  database is locked against ddl by another node
HINT:  Node (6223770712502831127,1,16389) in the cluster is already performing DDL

Terminating the statement in one node and running it on another results in a hang as well.

-Selim

From: Selim Tuvi
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 4:03 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: BDR: ALTER statement hanging

Hi, I am running a three node BDR cluster. BDR version is 0.9.3. Postgres version is 9.4.5.

With 0.9.2, I used to be able to issue ALTER statements using psql and it would go through. This time it is just hanging. The statement is this:

alter table pts alter column shot drop not null;

I also tried to add a column but that hangs as well:

alter table pts add column shot_tmp text;

Thanks
-Selim