Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Decibel!
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Apr 14, 2008, at 4:15 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> If you don't want an issue to get forgotten, then make a TODO
>> entry for
>> it.  But the purpose of commit fest is to make sure we deal with
>> things
>> that can be dealt with in a timely fashion.  It's not going to cause
>> solutions to unsolved problems to appear from nowhere.
>
> I need is to know if they are ideas worthy of TODO.

This is something I think we could really improve upon... For one, I
think the impression (right or wrong) is that Bruce is the person
that gets say on what goes on the TODO. We also don't have any good
mechanism for general users to provide feedback on what things are
important to them. Of course it's ultimately about a developer
scratching an itch, but I think it would be useful to have some idea
of how popular TODO items were to help guide development efforts, as
well as possibly target items that should just be removed.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org