Re: Document DateStyle effect on jsonpath string() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Document DateStyle effect on jsonpath string()
Date
Re: Document DateStyle effect on jsonpath string()
List pgsql-hackers
On Sep 10, 2024, at 14:51, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Pushed with a little additional polishing.

Thank you! Do you think it’d be worthwhile to back port to 17?

> I thought the best way to address jian's complaint about DateStyle not
> being clearly locked down was to change horology.sql to verify the
> prevailing setting, as it has long done for TimeZone.  That's the
> lead test script for related stuff, so it makes the most sense to
> do it there.  Having done that, I don't feel a need to duplicate
> that elsewhere.

Yeah, that will help, but I still bet next time I go to figure out what it is I’ll stick that line in some test to make
itfail with clear output for what it’s set to 😂.