Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints, final patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints, final patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Jun 26, 2007, at 13:49 , Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Maximum is 0.9, to leave some headroom for fsync and any other
> things that need to happen during a checkpoint.

I think it might be more user-friendly to make the maximum 1 (meaning
as much smoothing as you could possibly get) and internally reserve a
certain amount off for whatever headroom might be required. It's more
common for users to see a value range from 0 to 1 rather than 0 to 0.9.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net