Recovery.conf and PITR - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ascot.moss@gmail.com
Subject Recovery.conf and PITR
Date
Re: Recovery.conf and PITR  (Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>)
Re: Recovery.conf and PITR  (wd <wd@wdicc.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am trying PITR in a test machine (same PG version 9.2.4 same O/S Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit).  All archived WAL files are
shippedand saved in /var/pgsql/data/archive, the latest transaction txid of them is 75666.  I want to recover PG at a
pointof time that if  XIDs are equal or smaller than '75634' so I  have the following recovery.conf (only two lines):

restore_command = 'cp /var/pgsql/data/archive/%f %p'
recovery_target_xid = '75634'

After the restart of PG, the recovery.conf is processed and it is renamed to recovery.done.  However it restored all
(75666)instead of '75634'.

postgres=# select txid_current();
 txid_current
        75666