Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jul 18, 2008, at 01:39, Michael Paesold wrote:

> Calling regex functions with the case-insensitivity option would be
> great. It should also be possible to rewrite replace() into
> regexp_replace() by first escaping the regex meta characters.
>
> Actually re-implementing those functions in a case insensitive way
> would still be an option, but of course some amount of work. The
> question is, how much use case there is.

Not much for me. I might use the regex functions, but would be happy
to manually pass the "i" flag.

However, if someone with a lot more C and Pg core knowledge wanted to
sit down with me for a couple hours next week and help me bang out
these functions, that would be great. I'd love to have the
implementation be that much more complete.

I do believe that, as it stands now in the v4 patch, citext is pretty
close to ready, and certainly commit-able.

Thanks,

David