Re: Detaching database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Detaching database
Date
List pgsql-general
This sounds like a dangerous line to walk, to me.

If the schemas for the two database systems are diverging, then trying
to synchronize them is sure to have problems.  I do not think that there
is any miracle cure (using PostgreSQL or any other database system).

If you know of a sure subset of tables that are guaranteed not to
change, then perhaps you can create a table by table script for those.