Re: Update on Insert - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Update on Insert
Date
List pgsql-general

That is called MERGE.  Merge is not currently supported:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/unsupported-features-sql-
standard.html

You could set the transaction level to Serializable, start a
transaction, check for existence, if the row exists perform an update,
else perform an insert. Then commit.