Re: How to enable SSL on client - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From reiner peterke
Subject Re: How to enable SSL on client
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Dec 5, 2014, at 10:37 AM, Rajagopalan, Jayashree <Jayashree.Rajagopalan@emc.com> wrote:

Hi all:

I’m on postgres 9.0.18. Want to enable SSL for the DB connections.
The binaries are build including the openssl.

I modified the postgresql.conf – for ssl=on.
Copied the server.crt in the  data folder.
Modified pg_hba.conf  - to add:

“hostssl  all         all        0.0.0.0/0       md5”

Getting the following errors in the logs when I start DB:
FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "127.0.0.1", user "myuser", database "mydb", SSL off

Can someone share the right procedure to enable SSL on client?
I’ve created ~/.posgresql directory and added the client.crt and server.key.

Regards
Jayashree

Hi Jayashree,

I was recently setting this up, if i remember correctly to get the client to use SSL, i set the  PGSSLMODE environment variable to prefer or require.
Unfortunately I don’t work with that system anymore so i cannot just look at the settings.

Let me know if that helps.

Reiner