Re: Quoting table/column names vs performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jozef Ševčík
Subject Re: Quoting table/column names vs performance
Date
List pgsql-general
Richard,

thanks for the answer.
In fact, I double-quoted identifiers only because PgSQL forced me to do so
when using capitalized letters in table/column name.
I'm OK with this if it's PgSQL requirement (app runs on NHibernate so I just change
column="MyColumn" to column="`MyColumn`" in mapping files).

In fact I like capitalized column/table names (more readable for me),
but the point is if this affect performance when running queries (for example PgSQL engine
might take more time to analyze query with double-quoted identifiers or so).

Is there any performance penalty for this ?

S pozdravom / Best regards,

Jozef Ševčík
sevcik@styxsystems.com
+420 608 782 813