Re: UPDATE using query; per-row function calling problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: UPDATE using query; per-row function calling problem
Date
List pgsql-general

> In my "-1" example, am I right in assuming that I created a correlated
> subquery rather than an correlated one? I'm confused about the
> difference.

Correlated: has a where clause that references the outer query
Un-correlated: not correlated

Because of the where clause a correlated sub-query will return a different record for each row whereas an un-correlated
sub-querywill return the same record for all rows since the where clause (if any) is constant.

David J.